Debrecen is looking forward to sports history days: six EHF EURO 2022 matches will be held at the Főnix Arena. Tickets and bundles are still available.
1. Hungary (and Slovakia) can host the Men’s EHF EURO for the first time. There will be matches in Budapest, Debrecen and Szeged. If you are there in the stands, you will be part of the history of the sport.
2. The world champion Denmark will be in front of your eyes: in addition to one of the odds of the tournament, the 4th place finisher of the previous EHF EURO, Slovenia, Montenegro and North Macedonia will be fighting for the two places to advance! On Saturday, January 15, you can see a real top performance, the Denmark-Slovenia game will be the hit match of the day!
3. The Slovenian team includes several players who play in Hungary: Blaz Blagotinsek and Gasper Marguc play in Veszprém, while Dejan Dombac, Nik Henigman, Borut Mackovsek, and Mario Sostaric are members of PICK Szeged team – now several of them will play in Debrecen, in one team for one goal.
4. You can see if Kiril Lazarov, the legendary figure of this sport, will get to the top as a player coach with the North Macedonian team.
5. The Főnix Arena in Debrecen has been renewed on the occasion of the EHF EURO 2022, so you can now have fun in the exclusive environment of the best matches in the world.
6. If you have a valid ticket, you can be at the official party place of the EHF EURO 2022 in Debrecen. In the cafe of the Water Tower („Nagyerdei Víztorony”), you can watch the events with your friends on projectors from 10 am to 10 pm. (On January 22, the club will move to the Red & White Bisztró for a day.)
7. Not only can you watch a handball match at the Főnix Arena, you can meet the mascot of the EHF EURO 2022, Tricky the deer, and fan activities are also expected on site.
8. Support Montenegro! If you are the type of sports fan who always stands next to the underdog teams, head to the arena, push into the ranks of Montenegro! Bozo Andjelic who plays in Ferencváros, Hungary is in the squad!
9. If Debrecen, then handball! You would surely feel weird if the six matches ended in one of the home centres of our sport and the group stage was held without you. So far we have been able to admire the ladies in the city, now come the gladiators of the sport!
10. If the Hungarian national team advances from the Budapest group, you can see its future Main Round opponents in the Főnix Arena – the two advancers from Debrecen (and Szeged) can continue in the Budapest Main Round group.